So the other day I had a post about how to interconnect your social media. Why should we even worry about social media?
- Google (and other search engines) see the links created on social media and will raise the ranks of websites with many social links.
- Youtube videos can be very powerful – videos themselves help ranks greatly, videos will have less competition (generally) for those keywords your site needs.
- When you post links on social media, people can share/retweet/+1 your links redoubling your efforts.
When you look at a business site almost all of them will have at least 3 forms of social media linked on their page. Social media has severely grown in importance in recent page ranking. I hear rumors that Google+ has become more important. The easiest way to implement rich snippits in the search results is to connect your Google+ account, and have your name appear as the author.
There are so many different social media outlets which ones are important for my business?
- Facebook – 960 million monthly visitors – about 23% of those are in America
- Twitter – 170 million monthly visitors – almost 25% of those are in America
- Linkedin – 97 million monthly visitors – 31% of those are in America
Those are the big ones, and there are so many more. I’ve connected websites with Yelp, Foursquare, Youtube, Flickr, and more. These may not have the same monthly visitors, but Google is still searching them for links. This is just the tip of the iceberg of things I’ve learned working with an SEO.
Having local reviews as well as having your business listed in the various online business listing services can have a major impact on your ranks as well, don’t forget to submit your sitemaps.